I’ve seen this trend all over Instagram, where as you’re reviewing the past year you can see my top 9 of 2020. So let’s look back at the blog from the past year and talk about my 9 favorite posts, ideas, and stories!
This past year has shown the resiliency of teachers, parents, and students during these extremely challenging times. I hope you know that your efforts are appreciated and I’m your number one cheerleader.
Looking back, this year has been the hardest one of my life (for personal reasons not related to the ever increasing requirements of the job) but it has also brought so much growth and awareness.
It is my hope that you can look back at 2020 as the year we kept the world spinning as teachers. We are an extraordinary profession and I applaud you for the work you’ve been doing over the past 9 months.
I’ve rounded up my favorite posts below from the past year to help you quickly browse something that may be of use to you! Leave a comment below on your favorite ideas from this past year. My favorite having to be Teaching Binary Isn’t as Scary as it Looks.
To make it through this year, I had to remind myself of my top 9 of 2020 sayings that I repeated every. single. day. If you’ve felt these feelings or need a new mantra to say, here ya go!
1. Work life balance is crucial if you want to make it through distance learning.
2. Pour into yourself, it’s okay to walk away from the computer if you need to.
3. You can’t change the fact that your students aren’t logging in. It’s okay to give up that helpless control feeling.
4. Your mental and physical health are MORE IMPORTANT than your career. Take care of yourself.
5. There is no such thing as too much coffee.
6. It’s okay to not be okay. I made this my mantra these past few months.
7. You are enough. What you are doing for your students is enough.
8. Find your people and have a good laugh. Even if your not in the mood for funny.
9. We will get through this. This isn’t forever!